Overturn Citizens United
There is no argument, we need to overturn Citizens United TODAY! Our democracy is undermined by the ability of wealthy corporations and special interests who buy politicians and elections by spending hundreds of millions of dollars in support of the candidates of their choice.
It is heartening to see New Mexico’s Sen. Tom Udall unveil a constitutional amendment that would bring an end to the 2010 Citizens United Supreme Court. This new amendment would grant Congress and the states the power to limit political spending on campaigns.
We need to ensure any candidate who runs for office remains beholden to the people they serve, not corporations. We must eliminate the loopholes that allow companies to pour millions of dollars into campaigns and sway elections, leveling the playing field for more progressive policies that our country desperately needs.
Will you commit to eliminating Citizen’s United? Please provide your feedback https://rishikumar.com/survey
I am glad to be one of a handful of candidates running for Congress who refuses PAC, and Special interest money. I will fight for the issues important to you and your family, not the wealthy corporations.
***We can’t change a corrupt system by taking its money.
- That is why Rishi is the only Congressional candidate in this race (CD 18) to take the pledge to refuse large corporate and special interest donations. As an elected leader, Rishi believes in making fearless citizen-centric choices to address the top challenges of his community.
- As an elected leader, Rishi fearlessly challenged a water utility company and is pushing back on their ballooning profits, rampant rate increases and has demonstrated success. Summary at https://rishikumar.com/water
- Rishi will be #UnBought and #UnBossed squarely there for the people, serving diligently with citizen-centric behavior, not at the behest of Washington lobbyists.
- Rishi will prioritize the health of the American people over health industry profits. Together, we have to be prepared to take on the incredible power of the insurance industry, the drug industry, and the entire healthcare industry to reduce our growing healthcare burden. You can view his priorities for Congress at www.RishiKumar.com/priorities
***Big money in politics? Here are the facts
- Congresswoman Anna Eshoo has received over $7M special interest money plunked into campaign funds https://tinyurl.com/RepEshooOpenSecrets1
- Congresswoman Eshoo is the #1 career recipient of campaign contributions from Big Pharma in the U.S. House of Representatives. https://tinyurl.com/RepEshooOpenSecretsPharma
**Rishi seeks your support to change the culture of Washington.
Please make a campaign contribution at www.RIshiKumar.com.
RIshi has pledged The No Fossil Fuel Money pledge
Rishi has taken the“No Health Insurance PAC and no Pharma PAC Money” Pledge
Provide RIshi your perspective at http://rishikumar.com/survey
**Rishi’s campaign is People-Powered
We have pledged to NOT accept contributions from SIG or PAC or Big Pharma. Keeping it simple!
We are short of our campaign contribution target and seek your support
Rep Eshoo is obviously outraising us with all the PAC and Special Interest Group (SIG) money.
This campaign is powered by people power
Would you please make a contribution at https://www.rishikumar.com/contribute FEC limit is $2,800 per election cycle.
You can also scroll down and hit the contribute button